My latest DC real estate newsletter for the week of September 16-22 contains the following updates on the local Washington Area housing market:
- U.S. existing homes sales up 9.3%, prices up 9.5% over August 2011.
- Census: housing starts up 29.1%, building permits up 24.5%.
- Mortgage rates back to record lows.
- DC ranks 3rd richest American city and contains 7 of the nation's 10 richest counties.
- Forbes ranks the H Street Corridor America's 6th "Best Hipster Neighborhood".
For additional recent reports consult my newsletter archive. For updates throughout the week check out my Twitter feed. There you will find the latest information on Washington area real estate news including:
- market statistics
- sales figures
- new developments and projects
- buyer/seller advice