The latest Clear Capital Home Data Index Market Report -- with data through October 2012 -- was released November 8.
Washington Metro Area Home Prices
- Washington Metro home prices rose 12.9% over October 2011.
- Local home prices rose 4.6% on a rolling quarterly basis.
- At 6.0% the DC, Arlington, and Alexandria have the lowest REO saturation of all 15 major metros.
U.S. Home Prices
- Home prices nationwide increased 4.6% over October 2011.
- Gains of 2.1% were seen over a rolling quarterly basis.
Regional Home Prices
- West - prices advanced 11.4% over October 2011
- Northeast - increased 2.0%
- South - prices rose 4.2% over October of last year
- Midwest - home prices rose 1.1%
Clear Capital Methodology
- Generates indices in patent pending rolling quarter intervals that compare the most recent four month to the previous three months, significantly reducing the multi-month lag time experienced with other indices.
- Includes both conventional fair market sales and “institutional transactions” – short sales and foreclosures.
- Uses resales with multiple property types, including single-family homes, multi-family homes, and condominiums.
Clear Capital is a premium provider of data for real estate asset valuation and risk assessment for large financial services companies. The Company's customers include the largest U.S. banks, investment firms and other financial organizations.