- Annually: contracts have increased 14.4% over April 2011
- Monthly: contracts declined 5.5% from March to April after reaching the highest level in two years
- Northeast - contracts rose 19.9% higher than April 2011
- Midwest - showed in increase of 23% over last year
- South - 13.3% above last year
- West - 5.1% higher than a year ago
The Pending Home Sales Index has reported a steady increase in contracts activity in early 2012.
- February 2012 - contracts jumped 9.2% over February 2011
- January 2012 - rose 8% over January 2011
The increase in contracts activity as the summer housing market gets underway indicates buyers are becoming more motivated as mortgage rates drop and sectors of the economy slowly show signs of improvement.
Contact me for more information on our local real estate market, and on buying or selling a home. I'm always available for your questions and happy to consult with you on your real estate needs.