The Index tracks the number of properties under contract nationwide and by region. A sale is listed as pending when the contract has been signed but the transaction has not closed, though the sale usually is finalized within one or two months of signing.
Pending U.S. home sales have risen for 17 consecutive months on a year-over-year basis, leading to the solid recovery seen in closed existing-home sales this year.
- Annually: contracts increased 14.5% over September 2011
- Monthly: contracts increased 0.3% from August to September
- Northeast - pending home sales were 26.1% higher than a year ago
- Midwest - the index rose 19.3% above September 2011
- South - contracts are 17.6% above a year ago
- West - the index rose 0.8% from September of last year
The Pending Home Sales Index has continued to show a steady year-over-year increase in contracts activity in 2012.
- August 2012 - pending home sales rose 10.7%
- July 2012 - contracts increased 12.4%
- June 2012 - contracts advanced 9.5%
- May 2012 - contracts rose 13.3%
- April 2012 - contracts increased 14.4%
- March 2012 - showed a rise of 12.8%
- February 2012 - contracts increased 9.2%
- January 2012 - pending sales rose 8%
* * *
202-288-4334 | Ben@EversCo.com