Real Estate Business Intelligence housing market statistics for zip code 20002 -- with data for September -- was released October 10. The RBI report includes all property types: single-family detached houses, semi-detached rowhouses, condos and coops.
Zip code 20002 includes a very large area that contains H Street, Capitol Hill North, NoMa, Eckington, Edgewood and Trinidad. It is therefore important to remember sales statistics can vary greatly within a given zipcode. To illustrate this point I've included below brief statistics for the H Street corridor area to demonstrate the range of values possible. Contact me for a custom report on your specific neighborhood, your property size and type.
September 2012 stats for zip code 20002:
- Average Sold Price: up 32.5% over September 2011
- Median Sold Price: is up 52.87% over last year
- Close Price Percentage: the average property sold for 97.07% of original list price
- Days-on-Market: 42 -- a drop of 42.47% from September 2011
September 2012 Statistics: Zip Code 20002
|Statistic||Values||Year Over Year||Month Over Month|
|Total Sold Dollar Volume||$24,117,098||+23.44%||+10.23%|
|Median Sold Price||$439,500||+52.87%||-3.41%|
|Average Sold Price||$463,790||+32.5%||-8.51%|
|Avg Days-on-Market||42 days||-42.47%||+75%|
|Avg Sold to Orig List Ratio||97.07%||-0.96%||-3.73%|
The Detailed Report also provides a breakdown of sales by property type. The highest sales activity in September was for 3BR and 4+BR townhouses.
- 3BR houses: in September 2012 there were 23 sales of three-bedroom townhouses in zip code 20002 which sold for an average price of $453,165 -- an increase of 6.52% over September 2011.
- 4+BR houses: there were 11 sales of houses with four or more bedrooms which sold for an average price of $633,900 -- a price increase of 12.21% over last year.
In comparison with the entire 20002 zip code, the smaller H Street corridor area reported the following higher sales statistics for September (MRIS, October 5, 2012).
- the average three-bedoom townhouse sold for $598,863 after spending an average of 38 days on market -- a price increase of 17.43% over September 2011
- the average four-bedroom home sold for $791,633 with an average of only 9 days on market -- a price increase of 29.14% over September of last year
Real Estate Business Intelligence (RBI) is the research component of local multiple listing service MRIS. RBI provides the most recent and accurate housing market statistics to the public based on actual sales recorded in MRIS. Monthly housing market statistics for every zip code, county, or region in the Washington metro area can be searched at RBI. Just enter your zip code or select your county and search.
* * *
202-288-4334 | Ben@EversCo.com