Washington Core Based Statistical Area
DC, Arlington, Alexandria
- Annual: Washington metro home prices are up 5.3% over March 2011
- Quarter: local home prices rose 5% over the previous rolling quarter
- Highest Performing Metro Markets: the DC area ranked 4th in the nation for the second month in a row
- Metro 50 Forecast: the DC area housing market is forecasted to gain 8.4% by the end of 2012
- Annual: home prices fell 1.4% from March 2011
- Quarter: a modest drop of 0.2% from the previous rolling quarter
The year-over-year analysis found the nation lost -1.4% over the period, which is slightly better than February’s year-over-year results of -1.9%, indicating a positive trend in yearly numbers. Nationwide there were saw price changes of less than 1% for the fifth time in six months.
While the U.S. lost -0.2% quarter-over-quarter, this decline is milder than last month’s decline of -0.6%. This positive trend may be attributed to the beginning of spring after a very mild winter, resulting in the start of an early buying season.
Clear Capital is a premium provider of data for real estate asset valuation and risk assessment for large financial services companies. The Company's customers include the largest U.S. banks, investment firms and other financial organizations.