- Washington metro home prices rose 10.1% over June 2011
- a rolling quarter increase of 6.3% was reported
- additional growth of 7% is forecasted through the end of the year
June saw further support for a housing price recovery as the nation's home prices rebounded with quarterly and yearly gains. Regional performance Improved across the board.
- Home prices appreciated 1.7% over June 2011, picking up notable momentum over last month's marginal increase of 0.1%.
- Quarterly gains of 1.5% were 1.3 percentage points stronger than the May HDI Market report.
- Progress is expected to extend over the second half of 2012, with an additional growth of 2.5% forecasted through the end of the year.
- West - prices advanced 4.1% over June 2011 and rose 3.5% quarterly
- Northeast - increased 2.3% over last year and 0.8% quarterly
- South - prices rose 1.5% over June of last year and the previous quarter
- Midwest - home prices dropped 0.6% from June 2011 but had a quarterly increase of 1.2%
Clear Capital Home Price Index Methodology
- Generates indices in patent pending rolling quarter intervals that compare the most recent four month to the previous three months, significantly reducing the multi-month lag time experienced with other indices.
- Includes both conventional fair market sales and “institutional transactions” – short sales and foreclosures.
- Uses resales with multiple property types, including single-family homes, multi-family homes, and condominiums.
Clear Capital is a premium provider of data for real estate asset valuation and risk assessment for large financial services companies. The Company's customers include the largest U.S. banks, investment firms and other financial organizations.