The latest Real Estate Business Intelligence (RBI) MarketWatch video of the Washington, DC housing market and economy -- with data through June 2012 -- was released July 20.
In June 2012 low housing inventory and strengthening sales has produced upward pressure on prices, reduced days on market, and increased sales-to-list price ratio. More housing statistics on a specific area are available at RBI by zip code.
RBI offers MarketWatch videos for all eight regions in the Maryland, DC, Virginia, West Virginia and Pennsylvania area within MRIS juridiction.
A summary of the Washington, DC housing markets June 2012 statistics:
- housing inventory has dropped 32.4% below a year ago
- median sales price increased 4.6% from June 2011
- sales are up 5.9% -- 702 homes sold in June, the highest sales level in 2 years
- pending sales increased 2.4% -- 757 contracts were signed in June, the highest since June 2005
- days-on-market dropped to 52, down 23.5% from last year
- sale-to-list-price ratio is 97.4%, an increase of 2.9% from last year
Real Estate Business Intelligence (RBI) is the research component of local multiple listing service MRIS. RBI provides the most recent and accurate housing market statistics to the public based on actual sales recorded in MRIS. At RBI you can search sales statistics by your local zip code, county, or region.