The RBI MarketWatch video report on DC's housing market - with data through July - was released August 17. After a general discussion of the national economy RBI provides local housing statistics for Washington in the video below.
- Median Sale Price - $457,500, an increase of 2.8% from July 2011 and the highest on record for the city
- Sales - up 7.8% over July of last year -- the highest July total in 3 years
- Contracts - up 4.6% over July 2011, the highest July total in 7 years
- Housing Inventory - down 33.5% from July of last year
- New Listings - down 13.4%, the lowest July total the District has seen in a decade
Contact me for more information on our local real estate market, and on buying or selling a home. I'm always available for your questions and happy to consult with you on your real estate needs.