- RBI reports DC's July median sale price of $457,500 is the highest on record for the city. Sales increased 7.8% over July 2011, the highest July total in 3 years. Contracts rose 4.8%.
- Delta Associates reports Washington prices return to bubble era.
- Condo prices have been up every month since March, and in July the average condo price in the Washington metro area was $310,000, nearly 9% higher than a year ago.
- Fixed mortgage rates move higher.
For additional recent reports consult my newsletter archive. For updates throughout the week check out my Twitter feed. There you will find the latest information on Washington area real estate news including:
- market statistics
- sales figures
- new developments and projects
- buyer/seller advice
Contact me for more information on our local real estate market, and on buying or selling a home. I'm always available for your questions and happy to consult with you on your real estate needs.